College of DuPage Laps with the Chaps 5k Sunset Run/Walk
Saturday, Oct 18, 2014 4:00 PM
College of DuPage Football Stadium (corner of Park Blvd. and College Rd.)
Glen Ellyn, IL
College of DuPage invites you and your family to participate in the 4th annual Laps with the Chaps 5K Run/Walk and COD Food Truck Rally! Festivities will take place starting at 12:00 p.m. until the sunset race concludes! More information is available at www.cod.edu/5K.
Medals will be awarded to the top three male and female age group winners. All proceeds will benefit the College of DuPage Student Crisis Fund, which was established to alleviate day-to-day expenses such as bus passes and meals for students who are at risk of dropping out. The COD Laps with the Chaps 5K is CARA and USATF certified (#IL-13143-JW).
- New tech shirt design!
- $200 Visa gift cards will be awarded to the Top Overall male and female runners and the "Middle of the Pack" winner.
- $5.00 registration fee for currently-enrolled students*
- All 5K participants are eligible to win a free iPad.
- $2.00 COD Food Truck Rally voucher included in each race packet
- 100-Yard Chaps Dash at 5:00 p.m. (ages 4-12)
Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) members receive a $5.00 discount off of advance and day-of registration prices.
Online until Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.:
5K non-COD student: $25
5K currently enrolled COD student: $5 (Limitations apply.*)
100-Yard Chaps Dash (Both age divisions): $5
Day-of Registration (12:00 p.m. until 3:30 p.m.)
5K non-COD student: $30
5K currently enrolled COD student: $10 (Limitations apply.*)
100-Yard Chaps Dash: $5
(Please note that race-day registrants cannot be guaranteed a T-shirt. )
*Currently Enrolled COD Student-Priced Registrations:
- Only the first 250 student-priced registrants who check in at the event will receive complete race packets, including official race tech shirt, drawstring backpack, and $2 COD Food Truck Rally voucher.
- Must pick up packet on race day from the Registration Area before 3:30 p.m. Race day packet pickup begins at noon.
- Pre-race day packet pickup is not available for COD student-priced registrations.
- Enrollment status is subject to verification.
- Bibs will be available for ALL 5k participants.
- Currently enrolled COD students who pay full price will not be subject to above limitations.
Each winning team member will receive a $50 Whole Foods gift card! Limit ten (10) people per team.
- Decide on at least three people to be on the team, choose a captain, and a team name.
- Team Captain creates team via www.itsyourrace.com
- Team members can register online until Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- Day-of team registration will not be available.
Each team may have a free professional photo taken on race day, which
will be emailed within one week of event to the Team Captain. (All team
members must check in at the registration table no later than 3:00 p.m. as there may be a line.)
- Two competitions
- Fastest Team: Based on top three times
- Fan Favorite (Costumes and Team Names): Based on official Clap-o-Meter results during pre-race activities
100-Yard Chaps Dash
Youth, 12 years and younger, are invited to register for the 100-Yard
Chaps Dash taking place at 5 p.m. after the 5K starts. $25 Visa gift
cards will be awarded to the Top Overall male and female runners of both
age groups (4-7 and 8-12). All participants will receive a medal. The
course will be set up on the east side of the track in the football
stadium and is not timed with official Jaguar equipment.
5K participants will receive a long-sleeved technical shirt in a
nylon drawstring backpack, including a $2 COD Food Truck Rally
voucher(*). Technical shirts are intended to fit close to the body for
moisture management. If you prefer loose-fitting clothing or will be
wearing another shirt underneath, consider ordering a larger size.
*Only the first 250 COD student-priced registrants who check in at the event will receive complete race packets from the Registration Area before 3:30 p.m. Race day registrants are not guaranteed a race packet.
Pre-Race Day Pickup (not available for COD student-priced registrations):
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
(Times and locations to be announced)
Race Day Packet Pickup:
Race Day Agenda
Grab your packet and then some grub at the COD Food Truck Rally! Healthy options will be available.
12:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in College Rd., Parking lot 1A
(Map of activities and race course are available at www.cod.edu/5K)
12 to 6:00 p.m. – College of DuPage Food Truck Rally and Kid Zone are open
12 to 3:30 p.m. – Packet pick-up and day-of registration tables are open
3:45 p.m. – Team costume competition on football field (Winning team determined by official Clap-o-Meter results)
4:00 p.m. – 5K race begins
5:00 p.m. – 100-Yard Chaps Dash (east side of track)
5:30 p.m. – iPad drawing and fastest team announced (Winners must be present)
Ample free parking will be available in Fawell Lots A (recommended), C and D. There will be plenty of volunteers and clear signage to direct you to the areas where pre-race activities will take place. College Road will be closed.
We are happy to say that the 2014 5K race will again utilize a Jaguar technology timing system, which is the most modern and accurate method available. You can expect:
- Start/Finish chip timing
- Disposable bibs and chips available at the time of pre-race day packet pick-up.
- Immediate and real-time results posted on flat screen TVs, text messaged to runners (if the runner chooses), and posted on the Internet at www.j3timing.com
Aid Stations and Comfort Facilities
There will be an aid station, water stops, and restrooms along the course to ensure happy and safe participants.
Walkers and strollers are welcome and will be asked to position themselves behind the runners at the starting line.
No animals will be allowed.
Bicycles, in-line skates, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs and strollers) are not allowed.
This race will proceed rain or shine.
If you need special accommodations for the 5K Run/Walk, please e-mail COD5K@cod.edu or call Ami Chambers, race co-director, at (630) 942-3823.
For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
This race has applied for and received the Chicago Area Runners Association designation as a CARA CERTIFIED RACE. This race has agreed to adhere to and uphold CARA's Best Practices Guidelines. These Guidelines embody the highest standards for quality, safety and comfort for participants in a road race.
Due to CARA's advocacy efforts, runners in the Chicagoland area enjoy some of the highest quality road races in the country. To view the Guidelines and to learn more about CARA, visit www.cararuns.org.
The Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA) is a non-profit organization devoted to expanding, motivating, supporting and celebrating the running community of Chicagoland. CARA connects runners to resources that enable them to run – farther, faster, better, for life.