A timed 5k race located on the old Catawba Indian Reservation.
Catawba Indian Nation Wellness Warriors will host its 2nd annual timed 5k race on the Reservation. The course will be part pavement and part trail. The course begins with a slight hill starting at the tribal government facility and will proceed towards the scenic Catawba River. The trail portion is affiliated with the Carolina Thread Trail, which runs parallel to the river.
Shortly after the start of the 5k race will be a 1-mile fun run. This event is free! No need to register for the 1-miler.
Post-race refreshments, music and an awards ceremony will follow the race.
Will run Rain or Shine!
5k participants only: To be guaranteed a race t-shirt, you must register no later than April 17th by 11:59 p.m.
For additional t-shirt purchases they will be $15/shirt and you must place orders no later than April 17th by 11:59pm.
Note: Online registrations end April 14th by 8pm (EST)
$20 fee now - 3/01
$25 fee 3/01 - 4/10
$30 4/10 - 4/17 by 7:30am (Race Day). After April 17th, only paper paper registration is available. Also, after April 17th, the only methods of payment will be cash or check. Checks must be made payable to: Wellness Warriors
Pre-Race Packet Pick-up on April 16th 3pm - 7pm; Race Day Packet Pick-up 6:30am - 7:30am
996 Avenue of the Nations, Rock Hill, SC 29730
– Take SC exit #79 off I-77.
– If traveling southbound on I-77 (from Charlotte, NC), take a left at the end of the exit ramp, pass under I-77 and at the 6th light, turn right onto Waterford Parkway.
– If traveling northbound on I-77 (from Columbia, SC), take a right at the end of the exit ramp, and at the 5th light, turn right onto Waterford Parkway.
– Travel 4/10 of a mile and turn left at the stop sign onto Sturgis Rd.
– Travel 3/10 of a mile and turn right onto Church Rd.
– Travel 1.5 miles and turn left at the stop sign onto Neely Store Road.
– Travel 7/10 mile and turn right onto Reservation Road.
– Travel 1.1 miles and turn left onto Indian Trail.
– Travel 9/10 of a mile and turn left onto Avenue of the Nations.
– Go 1 mile to the end of the road, the Longhouse will be the large building on your right.
All race proceeds will be donated to the Spirit Sprinter's, which is our children's running program. No refunds.
To see the race course click on link below:
http://www.itsyourrace.com/s/6926/5k Race Map.jpg