A USA Track & Field Certified flat course through residential streets in downtown Des Plaines, IL, with proceeds benefiting the Des Plaines Park District Scholarship Fund. Gear check, water available throughout, and refreshments provided. Chip timed, with splits provided at every mile make this course the perfect course to PR.
Pre-registration: Adults $30 • Race Day Registration: $35 • Registration fees are non-refundable.
Event updates: Posted on DPParks.org and Facebook.
Race Details: This is a flat course through residential streets in downtown Des Plaines, IL. The race is run rain or shine.
Gear Check: 6:30–10:00a, next to the Registration Tent.
• T-shirts will be given to the first 200 registered runners and walkers.
• Water will be available at the start, finish, and on the course.
• Refreshments are provided: fruit, bagels, energy bars, and water.
• Chip timed.
• No dogs allowed. Strollers must start at the rear.
• Parking is available in the Metropolitan Square Garage (Lee Street, north of Miner Street). Maps are on DPParks.org.
Runners’ Awards: Overall 1st place male and female
1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female in each age group:
12 and under • 13–19 • 20–29 • 30–39 • 40–49 • 50–59 • 60–69 • 70+
First male and female residents of Des Plaines
Race results will be posted on Itsyourrace.com and DPParks.org.
Race Packets: Pickup is at Prairie Lakes Community Center, 515 E. Thacker Street.
Thursday, June 14, 3:00–8:00p, and Friday, June 15, 11:30a–3:00p or prior to 7:40a on race day,
at the Registration Tent. Unclaimed race packets will be held at Prairie Lakes through June 22, 9:30p.
See a course map
, with parking locations. Download the map PDF