"PADDLE FOR TROOPS" 2019 REGISTRATION PAGE
Click on the REGISTER NOW button on the top right.
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Sears Landing Boat Docks
806 Roland Ave.
Surf City, NC 28445
DIVISIONS & START TIMES:
10K Competitive: 10 AM
5K Fun Paddle: 12 PM
ABOUT THE EVENT:
Paddle 4 Troops is a nonprofit organization geared toward supporting local veterans through a fun and competitive paddle race. The unique benefit when joining the Paddle 4 Troops family is that you may personally witness the effects of your donation, whether it be time or money. 100% of proceeds go toward assisting veterans and their families.
THE COURSE:The race will start at the docks behind Sears Landing, leaving the canal toward the intercoastal waterway. Depending on the currents and winds, the paddlers will either head north or south. The turn around for both races will be designated by the Paddle 4 Troops boat. The race will finish where the race started at the docks behind Sears Landing.RACE SCHEDULE: Saturday, September 7, 2019 8:00 AM - Onsite Registration & Packet Pickup Opens 10:00 AM - 10K Competitive Starts12:00 PM - 5K Fun Paddle StartsAWARDS:Paddle Trophy to Top 3 Males & Females in competitive 10K on SUP 14 ft & under board.OTHER ACTIVITIES: Live Entertainment, Silent & Live Auction, 50/50 Drawing, Food & Drinks, Lunch provided to all registered paddlers.
PARKING:Parking is available in the Sears Landing parking lots and surrounding street parking.RULES for COMPETITIVE RACE:
1. Board Length 14’ and under for both Male and Female competitors.
2. Drafting is allowed (Example: male, female, any size board).
3. Stand Up Paddle Board, NO Kneeling. If a competitor falls, they have 5 strokes to get back to their feet.
4. Single Fixed Fin, NO steering mechanism.
5. If there is a tie in the competitive race, the two competitors split the finish & prize money. (Example: Two Tie For 2nd Place; These two will split the prize money for 2nd place & 3rd place finish, the next finisher will be 4th)
6. Leash REQUIRED.
REGISTRATION & PRICING:
Through August 30 = $60
August 31 through September 7 = $70
5K FUN PADDLE
Through September 7 = $25
Apparel will be available for purchase at the event & is not included in pricing.