Synergy Athletics is hosting the 2nd Annual Pump 'n Run 5K on Saturday, October 5, 1:00pm at the Vestal Rail Trail.
The Pump 'n Run 5K adds a unique twist to the average fun run by measuring both strength and endurance.
Participants will have the option to take 20 seconds off their race time for each successful bench press they complete at packet pick up. Youth 12 and under and Masters 50+ will have the option to take 20 seconds off their race time for each successful wall ball pass completed in a 30 second time period.
The race is open to everyone, not just Synergy members and the bench press/wall ball pass is optional.
- Run/Walk only option
- Vestal Rail Trail Saturday October 5 at 1:00pm
- Bench Press/Wall Ball Pass option at Participant Packet Pick-up
- Synergy Endwell Friday October 4 - 3:00- 7:00pm
- Synergy Vestal Saturday October 5 - 8:00- 10:00am
- Women will complete a 50% body weight bench press and Men will complete a 75% body weight bench press. Youth 12 & Under and Masters 50+ will use a 6lb wall ball. All lifting will be overseen and judged by Synergy Athletics certified trainers.
Synergy Athletics is proud to support the local community, proceeds from the Pump-N-Run will go to support the M-EALS program. M-EALS stands for "Maine-Endwell Assisting Local Spartans." The district recognizes that many of its families are facing tough economic times. The program helps supplement the nutritional needs of families over the weekend and during holiday breaks, when children aren’t receiving their breakfast and lunch at school. The goal is to maintain a district food program that is functional and sustainable over time. The program is fully funded through donations. No school district funds are used for this program.