Work up an appetite for Thanksgiving Dinner and help fight Multiple Sclerosis at the Triangle area's favorite Thanksgiving event - the Raleigh Turkey Trot @ Ridgewood.
The 2018 Raleigh Turkey Trot has sold out with 3,000 runners. We do have a limited number of charity slots available for $50 (including the online registration fee). The race benefits the National MS Society and the fight against Multiple Sclerosis. We also have some Kids' Dash (age 7 and under) slots available.
We suggest that you also consider the Gobbler's Run 5K in Wake Forest. This family-friendly event is also timed by Precision Race and is part of the Triangle Race Series.
Each year more than 3,000 people from 30+ states gather on Thanksgiving morning for the Raleigh Turkey Trot @ Ridgewood.
The race takes place at at Ridgewood Shopping Center at Wade Avenue and Ridge Road in Raleigh.
Packet pickup will be held on Saturday 11/17 and Sunday 11/18 from noon - 5 pm in Ridgewood Shopping Center. at the former State Farm office 3518 Wade Ave Ste B, Raleigh, NC 27607. Please park in the lower lot near the Wade Avenue shopping center entrance.
Can't make it to packet pickup the weekend before the race? Have a friend or family member pick up your packet.
The event includes an 8K Race/Run plus a 100-yard Kids' Dash (age 7 & Under). Kids can also decorate the finish chute with sidewalk chalk while the runners are out on the course!
New for 2018: A New shirt with a New design! It's a long-sleeve, gender-specific tech shirt, but with a FRESH TWIST! Watch for details. We have had men and women try on the shirt, and they indicate that they fit true-to-size. You should have good luck ordering the size t-shirt you usually wear. We have ordered 3,000 shirts. Once your style/size is sold out, we cannot reorder. Register early to ensure that you get your choice of style/size.
What else is new for 2018? Finisher Medals! For the first time we have Raleigh Turkey Trot medals!
Reasons to go ahead and register now:
- Registration is full. A limited number of charity slots which benefit the National MS Society are available . The event SOLD OUT each of the past 7 years!
- 8K Race: Includes our amazing NEW long-sleeve gender-specific tech shirt until your style/size has sold out. (We cannot re-order these shirts.)
- Through August 31: $28
- Sept1 - Oct 31: $30
- Nov 1 - Nov 16: $33
- Nov 17 - Nov 21: $36
- Charity slots (after regular registration fills): $50
- Race Day Charity Slots: $60
- Kids Dash:
- Through Oct 31: $5
- Nov 1-Nov 21: $7
- Race Day: $10
- NOTE: Kids Race does not fill. Even when registrations close for the 8K, kids can still be registered.
- Family/Group RATE: Registrations totaling $100 or more in a single order automatically receive a 15% discount by using the promo code FriendsAndFamily. Register the entire family all at once with the promo code and SAVE 15%.
Race Day Parking is a Meredith College just across the street from Ridgewood Shopping Center. Please enter from Faircloth Rd.
The Ridgewood Turkey Trot benefits the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Strollers and baby joggers are not permitted for insurance reasons.
- No dogs. We love logs, too, but our insurance does not permit any dogs on the course.
Race Production, Timing & Results by