Registration & Race Information
Day of Registration: 7:00am - 8:00am
Race Start Times: BOTH races will begin at 8:30am
Race Location: Kenosha Library Park 711 59th Place, Kenosha, WI 53140
Race Course: The race is USATF Certified. Running along Kenosha’s scenic lakefront harbor and historic district. There will be 3 water stations on the course for runner safety. Race is chip timed.
T-shirts to the first 400 entrants.
Divisions/Awards: Trophy to the overall male & female winner. Medals to top 3 male/female in both races for 14 & under, 5 year age groups, and 80+. Overall winners not eligible for age group awards. Awards will not be mailed out; they will be available for pick-up at the Kenosha YMCA Member Service Desk until Monday, July 11th.
Results: Individual results will be posted on www.kenoshaymca.org. Overall results will be printed in the Kenosha News.
Contact Kenosha Convention & Visitors Bureau,
Additional Information: Visit www.kenoshaymca.org or call 262.654.9622 ext. 235.
Directions to Race Site
From Milwaukee - South on I-94, east at Hwy 158, go approx. 7 miles, turn right on Sheridan Road, turn left on 58th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, go up 1 block, parking lot on the right.
From Chicago - North on I-94, east at Hwy 50, go approx. 8 miles, turn left on Sheridan Road, go approx. 2 miles, turn right on 59th Street, turn right on 8th Avenue, parking lot on the right.
General Race Guidelines:
- All race decisions of the Firecracker officials prevail on event day.
- Runners must wear their bib numbers on front of their bodies.
- No bicycles, roller-skates/blades or skateboards. Baby strollers allowed in 5K only and must stay behind runners; please no dogs.
- No unauthorized assistance or unsportsmanlike conduct. No foul, harsh, argumentative language or actions directed at officials, volunteers, spectators or fellow athletes.
- Each participant should be checked by a physician prior to competing, as stated in waiver form.
- No headsets allowed while competing in the events.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the park.
- Participants are responsible for following the course and all directional signage & arrows provided to them, any deviation from the course disqualifies you from award categories.
RACE DAY WEATHER POLICY: While we realize that each participant has made a tremendous commitment, the primary goal of the Kenosha YMCA is to ensure a safe event. Therefore, YMCA staff will make decisions regarding race cancellation/modifications based on the safety of all that are involved, including the runners, volunteers, spectators and the community.
Specifically, the Y reserves the right to cancel or to modify the race if deemed necessary to protect runners, volunteers, spectators and the community. These conditions will be recognized as unforeseeable acts. Since the staging of the race results in substantial up-front expenses regardless of whether or not the race is completed, cancellation or modification of the race will not result in the refunding of race entry fees or future race credits. However, should the race be canceled you will receive a donation acknowledgment from the Kenosha YMCA allowing you to claim your entry fee as a donation, to the full extent that the law allows.
Severe weather conditions include: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Extreme Heat & Humidity, High Winds, and/or Heavy Rain
Before the Event: If severe weather conditions or the potential for severe weather conditions exist prior to the event, please listen to local media outlets. In addition, information will be posted on the Kenosha YMCA website (kenoshaymca.org) and Facebook page.