Come join us for the tastiest 5k of the year benefiting Teachers' Treasures! The Circle City Donut Dash 5K presented by the American College of Education is a run/walk event with 2 different types of races.
The premier event is the Donut Challenge, a 5k where participants must consume a dozen delicious donuts at the halfway point! We also have a non-donut 5k for the less ambitious runners out there, but don't worry, you can still eat donuts post-race!
- - Voted Top 8 Food Runs in the United States by Culture Trip: Culture Trip Article
- As seen in Runner's World Magazine
February 16th 2019
1800 E. 10th Street Indianapolis, IN 46201
Check out this awesome video from WISHTV on the race! - http://wishtv.com/2017/02/15/donut-dash-to-benefit-teachers-treasures/
Donut Challenge vs. Non- Donut Challenge
Donut Challenge- Not your typical 5K! Participants take on the challenge of consuming a dozen donut holes halfway, before racing back to the finish.
- This year all donuts in the challenge will be donut holes from Jack's Donuts.
Non-Donut Challenge- Make the 5K run/walk as competitive or fun as you like! Donut worry, there will be plenty of donuts to enjoy before and after the race.
- We will also have donut's from Long's Bakery at the half way point for anyone who would like to have a donut along the route. We will also have Long's donuts after the race!
Where will I park?
- Parking will be located in Arsenal Tech's South Parking lot which can be accessed from N. Oriental Street. The address is: 1500 East Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
There will be a shuttle continuously running from the parking lot to Teachers' Treasures. However it is only approximately 2 blocks if you would like to get in a little warm up!
- There will also be parking at Teachers' Treasures but we expect this to fill up very quickly. If you plan on coming after 7:30 a.m. please just head to Arsenal Tech because this parking lot will most likely be full.
What do I receive?
All participants will receive:
- A Circle City Donut Dash 5K race shirt*
- A cool customized race bib# - Sign up by Jan. 27th to receive your name custom printed
on your bib#
- Plenty of Donuts on the race course and afterwards
- 1 free pint of beer to participants thanks to our sponsor Sun King Brewing! (21 & Over)
- In addition to regular brews they will create a unique coffee flavored beer for the race!
- Bring your ID. You will be carded at the after party. No ID no Beer.)
- Hold onto your drink ticket located on the bottom of your bib# it must be given in exchange for a free beer no ticket no beer)
- A free Bloody Mary compliments of Tito's! (21 years and older same rules apply as above for your free beer)
- There is a cap of 900 participants for this year's event
*Sign up by February 10th to be guaranteed an event t-shirt. We will order extras but you are not guaranteed a shirt if you are not registered by the 10th.
- Children 7 & under can run/walk with their parents free of charge in the Non-donut 5k but they will not be timed or receive any race materials. If you would like for your child to be timed or receive race materials they must be registered for the event.
All participants must wear their bib# on the front of their bodies on their outermost layer of clothing in order to be properly timed. If you do not wear your bib# properly we cannot guarantee that you will be properly timed.
- The award ceremony will take place in the large white tent outside of Teachers' Treasures at 10:30 a.m.
- All award winners will receive an Athletic Annex gift card and an award medal
- The top 3 Males and Females in the Donut Challenge will receive a donut prize along with the gift card and medal
- There will also be awards for the top 3 males and females in each age group
- There will be awards for the top 3 overall males and females
- There will also be awards for the top 3 males and females in each age group
Best Dressed Donut Theme
This year we will also have awards presented by Farmers Insurance for the following best donut dressed categories
- Best Individually Dressed
- Best Team Dressed
- Best Teacher Only Team Dressed (Teachers will also get donuts and coffee delivered to them by Farmers Insurance)
The best dressed awards will take place by the WISH TV truck
What are the Donut Challenge Rules?
You must complete all of the following to be eligible for Donut Challenge Awards
- Must eat all 12 donut holes at the halfway point donut station
- If you cannot consume all 12 you will be ineligible for Donut Challenge Awards
- You have 45 minutes from the race start to consume all of your donuts. The donut station will close down at 9:45 a.m. So be sure you have arrived at the 1/2 way point and have eaten all your donuts by that time!
- If you consume all 12 donut holes you must make sure a volunteer checks the donut challenge completed check box on your bib#. No check no award eligibility!
- Must "hold down" all 12 donut holes until you cross the finish line
- If you "give back" your donuts you will be ineligible for Donut Challenge Awards
- If participants in the Donut Challenge are unable to complete the Donut Challenge they will not then be eligible for awards in the non-donut 5k
What is the Route?
The race will start and finish in the Teachers' Treasure's parking lot. The course will be flat and fast, wrapping through local neighborhoods before jumping onto Pogues Run Trail and into Pogues Run Park where the Donut Station will be set up. After completing the donut challenge you will then proceed back to the finish line at Teachers' Treasures. If you are not doing the challenge you will run by the station.
Join us afterwards for a post-race party and awards at Teachers' Treasures!
Head down the street to neighborhood restaurant, Tick-Tock, for special lunch deals for participants.
What is the Event Schedule?
Friday February 15th
- Early Packet Pickup - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. @ Teachers' Treasures
Saturday February 16th
@ Teachers' Treasures
- Race Day Packet Pickup & Registration - 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.
- Donut Challenge Race Start - 9:00 a.m.
- Non-Donut 5k Race Start - 9:05 a.m.
- Post-Race Party Starts - 9:30 a.m.
- Donut Challenge Donut Station Closes - 9:45 a.m.
- Post-Race Awards - 10:30 a.m.
- Post-Race Party Ends - 11:30 a.m.
Register early to avoid price increases!
$30 - Until February 3rd, 2019
$35 - February 4th - February 15th
$40 - Race Day - If you bring a school supplies item on race day you will receive the $35 entry fee.
All participants will receive a sweet Circle City Donut Dash Challenge shirt, a cool custom bib#, post-race awards, and a post-race party at Teachers' Treasures!
We will have early packet pickup and in person registration at Teachers' Treasures from:
8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on Friday February 15th
Packet Pick-up and Race Day registration will be open from 7:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. on race day.
All Teachers will receive a free additional shopping trip at Teachers' Treasures when they sign up to participate. You will pick up this free shopping trip at ACE's booth in the tent.
This event raises funds for Teachers'
Treasures there will be no refunds if the race must be canceled due to
inclement weather. We will hold the race as long as conditions do not
make holding it dangerous to competitors. If the race is canceled you can still pick up your race packet at Teachers' Treasures.
About Teachers Treasures:
Teachers' Treasures is a not-for-profit that obtains and distributes school supplies free to teachers of students in need.
Every day at public, private, charter, and parochial schools located throughout Marion County, children of all ages attend class without the most basic supplies they need to get a good education. Dedicated teachers are often willing to pay for these much needed supplies out of their own pockets to make sure the kids in their classrooms have the necessary tools to learn. On average, teachers spend $800-$1200 a year on school supplies for their students.
Teachers’ Treasures, in partnership with local businesses, charitable foundations, neighborhood organizations and individual contributors, helps fill this need by operating a volunteer-based “Store for Teachers.” Donated educational supplies and other materials are distributed via this unique conduit to teachers for the benefit of their students. We serve teachers from any school (public, private, charter, or parochial) in Marion County and the immediately surrounding school districts with 60% of more of the student population on the free or reduced lunch programs are eligible.
More than 270 schools with a total of over 100,000 students meet this criteria.
Nearly 3,000 teachers participate in the program annually.
Since our beginning in 2000, we have given away over $44 million in school supplies.
Thank you to Our Sponsors for Supporting our 2018 Event!