Location: Powderhorn Mountain Resort backyard (Mesa, CO).
Course Stats: 1.5 mi / 250’ Vertical.
Course Details: Up to 200 riders will explore brand new trail network, primarily in the backyard of Powderhorn! These trails have been used primarily for the Webe Races and some adventurous races such as Thigunawat 10k running race. 70 % wide paths packed by snowmobiles for fat bikes with 30% singletrack packed by snowshoes and skis so fat bikes can venture through with least amount of effort as possible! We hope to see more routes develop overtime. For now, we have a couple of connecting routes available for you!
* This area is very unpredictable and we will choose the final course layout on the week of the event. We’re working hard to prepare the course with snowmobiles and skis/snowshoes. We need your help to ride and pack it down between now and then! Follow MADHORN Fat Bike Race Series Facebook page and watch for the official loop details! *
- 7:00am-8:00am: Registration / Packet Pickup.
- 7:00am-8:30am: Course open for pre-ride – DO NOT RIDE THE SKI SLOPES; please stay in the assigned areas.
- 9:00am: Start race – mass start.
- 10:00am: Approx. finish time – Approx 1 hour of riding!
- 11:00am: Awards / Raffle!
Categories & Pricing: >> TOTAL PARTICIPATION LIMIT @ 200 <<
- Junior Women (18 & under) – pre: $15 / race day: $20
- Junior Men (18 & under) – pre: $15 / race day: $20
- Open Women – pre: $25 / race day: $30
- Open Men – pre: $25 / race day: $30
- Women 50+ – pre: $25 / race day: $30
- Men 50+ – pre: $25 / race day: $30
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/252244668522290/
Lodging Deal: The SlopeSide Inn will offer competitors & family a 15% discount on lodging - call the SlopeSide Inn (970) 697-2001 to book and receive your discount on lodging. Slope Side Inn website: http://slopesideskiclub.com/