Want to participate in a healthy activity and get chocolate as a reward? We have the event for you! Healthy Berkeley will be hosting the Truffle Shuffle 5k and Kids Fun Run on Saturday, April 29th to kick off the Chocolate Fest in downtown Martinsburg.
Truffle Shuffle 5k & Kids Fun Run
Starts and finishes in Martinsburg Town Square April 29, 2017
9am Fun Run
You can walk or run the 5k, all participants are welcome. Children 13 years of age and younger are free for the 5k and the Kids Fun Run is free to all children 0 - 12 years of age. We encourage families to participate together!
Awards will be presented to the Top 3 Male and Female Overall finishers as well as the Top 3 Male and Female 10 year age group winners.
5k Age Groups:
- 13 and under
- $25 before April 13, $30 after April 13 and on race day. Kids 13 and under free. Race fee includes a high quality tech T-shirt and ticket to get a free Chocolate Truffle at DeFluri's Fine Chocolates. No guarantee of T-shirt if registering after April 13.
- Kids Fun Run for those 12 and under is free (no T-Shirt)
For those who have pre-registered, packet pick up will be available on April 28th at The Wellness Center from 8am-6pm. Packet pick up will also be available on race day.
Race day packet pick up and registration begins at 7am. The 5k will start at 8am and the Kids Fun Run will follow the 5k at approximately 9am.
Healthy Berkeley: It's Up to Us is a community collaboration between:
- WVU Medicine
- The Wellness Center @ Berkeley Medical Center
- Berkeley County Health Department
- WVU Extension Berkeley County
- Catholic Charities WV Promise House Family Resource Center
- Martinsburg Unit of the Boys and Girls Club
- Martinsburg Public Library
- WVU Extension
- Berkeley County Schools
- Native Communications
- Be Well Counseling Services
- RESA VIII
- Shenandoah Community Health Center
- City of Martinsburg
- Martinsburg Police Department
- and community members.
If you would like more information about Healthy Berkeley or are interested in getting involved, please contact Dana M. DeJarnett at 304-264-1287, ext 31814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.