Get ready! The SEVENTH annual Crete Country Christmas 5K will be run on Saturday, December 8, 2018
Tech long sleeve t-shirts, guaranteed to the first 100 registrants
Proceeds beyond race expenses go to the Crete Food Pantry!
All age bracket awards include 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place medals, for men and women with Chip Timing
Crete Country Christmas 5K
December 8, 2018
Race Start: 8:00 AM
This 5K event is one of the many offerings during the
Crete Country Christmas weekend.
Runners, Walkers, Strollers are all welcome.
Join us in participating in the annual Crete Country Christmas 5K as part of Country Christmas! Runners, Walkers, Strollers, all are welcome! The race will benefit the Crete Food Pantry. We ask all participants to bring a nonperishable food item to donate to the Pantry on the morning of the race.
Included in your 5K registration:
- T-shirt (sizing guaranteed only thru 11/21/18)
- Goody bag with product samples and coupons
- Fruit, water, granola provided in Runners Tent
- Satisfaction of completing a 5K in DECEMBER!
- Ticket for our raffle drawings which will occur immediately after race (must be present to win)
Price: Prior to November 30, 2018: Age 16: and over $30 / Under 16: $20 / Family of 4: or more $90
After November 30, 2018: $35, $25 and $95 for the above ages respectfully
Location of Start / Finish Area & Parking
Start and Finish will be Division and Wood Street. All pre-race and post-race activities including bib pickup will be in the Country Christmas Lodge located on Cass Street.
Timing, Age Groups, & Awards
J3 Timing will be on hand to provide finish times to all runners and walkers participating in the 5K!! The timing is based on bib number, so please have your bib number displayed at all times while running the race. Please note results are not official until after the event. Awards will be given to the male and female top 3 in each age division (14 and under, 15-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65 and older) and the overall male and female finishers. Male and female overall winners will receive a $75 Gift Certificate!
Inclement Weather Policy
The Country Christmas 5k race is held rain or shine. In the event of lightning, the race will be suspended until we can ensure the safety of all racers before continuing the race.
Packet Pick Up & Race Day Registration
Packet pick up:
- Friday, December 7th from 1:00-5:00pm at the Crete Park District Willard Wood Center (515 First Street);
race registration also available at packet pick up on Friday - cash or check only.
- Race morning Saturday, December 7th from 6:00-7:30am at Christmas Lodge location on Cass Street
- You MAY pick up someone else's packet however you MUST sign a pick-up form.
Race day registration:
- Available race morning, December 8 from 7:00-7:45 am at the Christmas Lodge located on Cass Street.
- Cash or check only accepted on race morning.
- Strollers are welcome. No rollerblades, scooters, or roller-skates. No pets please.
Walkers and participants with strollers please start in the back.
- Race course subject to change without notice.
- Volunteers are welcome! please call Crete Area Chamber of Commerce 708-672-9216