PACING 4 PIECES & PIECE JAM
5K & Half Marathon
Saturday, March 9, 2019 | Downtown Florence!
Join us for our 7th Annual Pacing 4 Pieces – A RACE 4 AUTISM! Benefiting All 4 Autism and the Autism Resource Center of the Pee Dee, this event brings together our community to celebrate those with autism and their families.
Autism is the heart and “sole” of this race. Pacing 4 Pieces was created to bring awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorder and increase local support and resources for our ASD Community.
Not a runner? Not a problem! Join us after the race for the ARMSTRONG WEALTH PIECE JAM FESTIVAL from 12 noon - 5 pm. Come on down to the 100 Block of Dargan Street in Downtown Florence, and enjoy live music, food & beverage vendors, and a Kid Zone with inflatables, games and more. Homer, from the Red Wolves, will be leading the Kid’s Dash, too! Don’t forget to pack your tailgating chairs! Admission is free and open to the public. The First 100 people receive a free swag bag with goodies from local merchants!
- 5K Run/Walk:
- $35 until January 15th
- $40 January 16th - March 6th
- $50 Late Registration (morning of race)
- Half Marathon
- $65 through January 15th
- $70 January 16th - March 6th
- $80 Late Registration (morning of race)
- Registration includes a race t-shirt for those who register by 4 pm on Feb 25th. If you do not register by this time you will not receive a race t-shirt.
Schedule of Events:
- Friday 3/8:
- Noon - 7 pm: Early Packet Pick-Up and Registration at the Autism Resource Center of the Pee Dee (183 S. Coit Street, Suite B, Florence, SC). Those who attend will not need to check in on race morning.
- Race Day 3/9:
- Starting Location: Coit Street between Cheves and Evans
- Race Finish Line: Dragan Street between Coit and Evans (100 block of Dragan)
- Race Day Check-in/Registration: 183 S. Coit Street, Suite B
- Half Marathon arrive by 8:30 am
- 5K arrive by 10 am
- 9:00 am: Half Marathon Start (Cut off time- 3.5 hours)
- 10:30 am: 5K Run/Walk Start
Your Race Results - Your Way
Pacing for Pieces is proud to provide state-of-the-art race timing and instant race results by Precision Race. www.PrecisionRace.com
Runners may get their race results in several ways:
- Results Text sent to those who requested it when registering online
- Results Kiosk: Receive your personal results printout at the touch-screen Results Kiosk in the green Results Tent near the finish line at the Piece Jam Festival. Your printout will show not just your race time, but also your preliminary overall, gender and age group rankings.
- Live results and finish line photos in the ItsYourRace mobile app (see below for details)
- Live online results and finish line photos at http://www.precisionrace.com/pacing-for-pieces-results
Free Finish Line Photos!
Precision Race provides automated finish line photos that will appear in your race results (online and in the ItsYourRace mobile app).
Download your photos for free and share them on social media – or do whatever else you want with them.
ARMSTRONG WEALTH PIECE JAM AFTER PARTY INFO:
Location: 100 Block of Dargan Street, Florence
Time: 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm
Live Music & Entertainment: Tastes Like Chicken, Clay Brown Band & Black Tie DJ Services
Kids Zone- bouncy house, slide, face painting, games, Legends Comics, Little Gym
Kids Dash: 12:30 PM (Homer from the Redwolves will be there!)
Food & Beverage Vending: Kona Ice, Low Country Kettle Corn, Julia Belles, Peanut Patch, Coors, Block &
Vino, Erica’s, B&B Outdoors, Pepsi
SENSORY TENT: We are excited about adding a SENSORY TENT, which provides a private area to sit
and relax. Palmetto Animal Hospital and Margi Moore will be on hand with local therapy dogs, as
Things to Know about the after party:
- Event is free and open to public
- All kid zone activities are free
- Cash and credit cards accepted (no checks)
- Bring your tailgate chairs (no coolers allowed)
ItsYourRace MOBILE APP
Get all the information you need about the Pacing for Pieces in the free ItsYourRace mobile app (iPhone and Android).
With the app you can:
- View the event description
- View the course map for the Half Marathon and 5K
- View the schedule of events with times, locations, and even driving directions
- See live race results and finish line photos
Get more out of your races. Download the ItsYourRace app to enhance your race experience at any Precision Race event.
- Half Marathon Awards:
- Top Overall M & F
- Top Masters M & F
- Top 3 M&F in these age groups: 19 & Under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 5K Awards:
- Top Overall M & F
- Top Masters M & F
- Top 3 M&F in these age groups: 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+
- Largest Team
- Fastest team based on combined time of fastest 3 team finishers.
Course Maps: See links on the upper right.
Parking: Details coming soon!
Proceeds: The event benefits All 4 Autism and the Autism Resource Center of the Pee Dee and brings together our community to celebrate those with autism and their families. Special thanks to our presenting sponsors, ACS Technologies and The Betty S. Campbell Charitable Foundation.
All 4 Autism is a grassroots, nonprofit organization that provides support and resources for those affected by autism, and their families. All proceeds fund our .
- Are strollers welcome? Yes, but please start toward the back and prioritize safety over time.
- Can people listen to music while running? Yes, but be aware of those around you.
- Are pets welcome? UPDATED: Yes, dogs are allows, but must be leashed and kept within a foot of the owner. If a dog becomes aggressive, the owner must remove the dog immediately. While we love our furry friends, this is a public event, and we must be respectful of all participants, and ensure the safety of those joining us.
- Are there any age restrictions for any of the races? Children 5 and up. Children under 5 must be in stroller.
Like, Follow, Share:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/P4PHalf/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/All4autismASD
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/all4autism/
- Race Website: https://all4autism.org/pacing-4-pieces-race-information
Additional Details: http://all4autism.org/pacing-4-pieces-race-information
Race Director: Amy Penninngton, email@example.com
Contact Us: All 4 Autism, 843-472-5215, firstname.lastname@example.org
We have individual race campaigns through our website at https://all4autism.org/race-campaign-2019