St. Patrick's Day 5k Run & Walk!
Run or walk through the heart of beautiful downtown Peterborough & help raise money for Five Counties! Sunday March 17th, 1:30pm start, Peterborough Memorial Centre
The St. Patrick's Day 5K is returning to Peterborough once again, after 5 successful years on MARCH 17TH 2019. Runners & Walkers will have the unique opportunity to run or walk down the centre of a traffic-free George Street, blazing the trail for the St. Patrick's Day Parade, later that day.
- Race Kit Pick-Up: 12:00pm-1:15pm at the Peterborough Memorial Centre Club (PMC)
- New this year green shirts will not be provided. We're trying to do our part to help the environment and a one time use t-shirt wasn't helping. Please wear your green shirt (and St. Patrick's Day themed outfit) and if you don't have one we have plenty from previous year's you are welcome to have.
- Race Day Registration Available, please bring cash.
- Everyone Starts Together: 1:30pm on Roger Neilson Way south of Lansdowne heading north
- PMC Lounge is available for apres. Licenced bar and restaurant available.
- Last October, the U.N released their report about climate change - and it really struck a chord. All Runner's Life Events will now do their part to go "Green".
This year, the ? St. Patrick's Day 5k Run & Walk ? taking place on March 17th will have a few new #green changes:
1. NO RACE T-SHIRTS ????
Many runners have accumulated piles & piles of race tees that hardly get worn – you don’t need another one!
Instead just wear a green shirt to run, or borrow one from Runner’s Life!
2. PACKAGE-FREE SNACKS ????
Crinkly plastic wrap ends up in the garbage!
Instead, fruit will be served and it will be composted afterward.
3. NO RACE PAMPHLETS??
This will help reduce waste at the event
4. NO PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES/CUPS ??
?Please bring a reusable bottle.
There will be tons of places to fill up
5.??CARPOOL, BIKE, WALK OR EVEN RUN to the event to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
We believe EVERY business can play a part and make changes to better our planet.??