The best KIDS' BIKE PARTY ON THE PLANET is back for the 4th Annual Junior Crested Butte Bike Week!
Details below are an overview. For more details, please visit https://www.juniorbikeweek.com/ Questions? Please send those over to email@example.com
Event weekend schedule during Junior Crested Butte Bike Week are as follows:
|Thursday, June 27
Friday, June 28
- 3:00 pm: Townie Takeover - meet at the Crested Butte Bike Week Vendor Village to decorate bikes, assemble costumes and take over Elk Avenue to kick-off the 39th Annual Crested Butte Bike Week. We will be departing from the Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce located at the 4-way stop at 4 pm to parade down Elk Avenue and will be exiting left (east) off of Elk Avenue onto 2nd Street.
- 6:30 pm: Crested Butte Devo High School Race Team Movie Night Fundraiser
- Price: $10 for children 12 and under, $15 for the rest of us! (purchase at the door)
- Location: TBA
- Details: Family-friendly bike movies & a super awesome raffle with all proceeds benefitting our high school race program.
- Filmed By Bike movie will start at approximately 7:00 pm.
- One raffle ticket with movie entry.
- 3:00 pm: Strider Cup
- Price: FREE
- Location: 1st and Elk Avenue
- Lots of fun prizes!!
- 3:30 pm: Slow Race Championships
- Price: FREE
- Location: 1st and Elk Avenue.
- Lots of fun prizes!!
Saturday, June 29
- 10 am – noon: Skills Clinics for ALL AGES with BICP Trained Instructors!
- Price: $20 Beginner*, Intermediate, Advanced
- * Please note, beginner participants MUST have a good handle on the fundamentals of braking, shifting and control for this clinic.
- Location: Tommy V Field located at 910 9th Street behind the Crested Butte Community School.
- 2 pm - 4 pm: PBJ (Pumps, Bumps, and Jumps) Expo!
- Price: FREE! --> raffle proceeds to benefit the Crested Butte Conservation Corps
- Location: Crested Butte Bike Park
- 5:30 pm: Pre-Race Meeting & Party
- Price: Included with race entry, $10 suggested donation to CB Devo for everyone else.
- Location: Totem Pole Park (located on Maroon Avenue across from the fire station).
- Details: Get race details and info while enjoying Brick Oven pizza, drinks and Third Bowl Ice Cream…racers and fans welcome!
Sunday, June 30 “4th Annual Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic”
Maps, Maps, Course Descriptions… Did we say MAPS?!
- 9 am: 2019 Crested Butte Junior Wildflower Classic XC Race
- Price: $30-$50/athlete - see details below in schedule & price list.
- Start & Awards Location: Tommy V Field located at 910 9th Street behind the Crested Butte Community School.
- Entry Fee Includes: Pizza & Ice Cream Party at Totem Pole Park for the pre-race meeting, exceptional course marking & marshals, medical response, custom race plate, finishers medal and a 2019 Crested Butte Wildflower Classic t-shirt (the shirts are made by Next Level so they run SMALL on the tight side!).
- Sponsored by: Alpine Orthopaedics, MTBhome.com and Berkshire-Hathaway Home Services
- Schedule & Prices as follows:
- U18 (ages 14-17) $50 9 am Start: Course is approximately 12 miles, 1,500 ft climbing RED BIBS w/RED COURSE MARKINGS.
- U14 (ages 12-13) $40 9:05 am Start: Course is approximately 10 miles, 1,000 ft climbing BLUE BIBS w/BLUE COURSE MARKINGS.
- U12 (ages 10-11) $40 9:10 am Start: Course is approximately 10 miles, 1,000 ft climbing BLUE BIBS w/BLUE COURSE MARKINGS.
- U10 (ages 8-9) $35 9:15 am Start: Course is approximately 8 miles, 800 ft climbing GREEN BIBS w/ GREEN COURSE MARKINGS.
- U8 (ages 6-7) $30 9:20 am Start: Course is approximately 6 miles, 600 ft climbing YELLOW BIBS w/ YELLOW COURSE MARKINGS.
- All races will have neutral start and will finish on dirt at Peanut Lake Road for safety.
- Award Ceremony immediately following the race at the Junior Crested Butte Bike Week Headquarters…where the race started in the grass at Tommy V Field.